Trump hints at possible Iran strike, says next week ‘very big’ amid growing Mideast tension

Khamenei earlier Wednesday warned that any United States strikes targeting the Islamic Republic will “result in irreparable damage for them” and that his country would not bow to Trump’s call for surrender.
Meanwhile, Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth told lawmakers Wednesday that the Pentagon was providing possible options to Trump as he decides next steps on Iran.
Trump said Tuesday the U.S. knows where Khamenei is hiding but doesn’t want him killed — “for now.”
“He is an easy target, but is safe there - We are not going to take him out (kill!), at least not for now," Trump said.
Trump’s increasingly muscular comments toward the Iranian government follow him urging Tehran’s 9.5 million residents to flee for their lives as he cut short his participation in an international summit earlier this week to return to Washington for urgent talks with his national security team.
Trump said that the Iranian officials continue to reach out to the White House as they’re “getting the hell beaten out of them” by Israel. But he added there's a “big difference between now and a week ago" in Tehran's negotiating position.
“They’ve suggested that they come to the White House— that’s, you know, courageous,” Trump said.
Advertising by Adpathway




